Monday, October 27, 2008

Things That Go Bump...

"Creak-clunk-clunk". That's the sound emanating from (I believe) my driver's side front strut tower whenever I turn the wheel. I'm pretty sure I need to replace the strut mounts and bearings. I've already got the parts to do it, I'm just not looking forward to another round of "suspension surgery". (And neither is my wife!) I guess while I'm at it, I should go ahead and replace the motor and transmission mounts to cut down on the wheel-hop I'm getting on autoX launches. Wheel-hop can be hazardous to the health of the differential on these cars. Fortuntately, that's a relatively easy job (compared to removing the front struts).

1 comment:

KB said...

Wheel hop can also be hazardous to the lives of those in the vehicle.

You've fixed it.

Now update, or I'll have to start calling you names. ;)