Saturday, March 14, 2009

Aut-t-t-t-oc-c-c-ros-s-s

March 1 was the first Autocross for the NEOKLA (NorthEast OKLAhoma) SCCA region. It was held at Stroud, OK. It was a bit nippy to say the least. Standing in line for registration, someone said it was 27 degrees. (BRRRR!!!)

Usually, drivers prefer to work the first heat and drive the second heat. I wanted to drive the first heat and work the second heat in hopes that it might warm up a little in the afternoon. It did warm up some, but there's nothing to break the wind, so it was still a pretty chilly work assignment.

I intended to get in-car video, but my camera batteries died. I knew they were close to being done, so I brought some spares. They were even even worse than the ones in the camera. Oh well.

For the first time, I came in first in my class (DSP). I'd like to say I beat some fierce competition... but I'd be lying! I was the only one in the class ;)


Photos taken by John Brooks

No comments: